3rd Eye Photo Journalism
The 3rd Eye photographers and filmmakers, in cooperation with our partners, strive to picture future-making struggles of the public and authorities, highlight positive experiences, build nice communication and introducing the best parts of the implemented projects and etc. We, through taking photo, making video and collecting stories, turn the useful memories and experiences of the people to the sweet lessons of reconstruction.
Officially established in 2007 as an independent organization, 3rd Eye Photojournalism Center acknowledged its responsibility, as one of its main purposes, to struggle in creating and expanding the culture of using photos and documentary as a communication means for public. Photo and film are two most important visual tools that transfer the message and impress viewer in a clear and easily understanding way. To get this goal, 3rd Eye started gathering photographers from both old and young generation; afterwards, holding exhibitions, training courses for new interested Afghan youths and etc.
The 3rd Eye Photojournalism Center is constituted of 4 photographer: Najibullah Musafer, Reza Yemak, Basir Seerat and Reza Sahel (as the Board of Directors), and later other volunteers: Jahida Sadat from Heart, Mehdi Mehrayeen from Bamyan, Ali Omid from Dykoundi , and Farzana Zebakalam from Maidan Wardak & R. Moshkin Qalam from Ghazni joined 3rd Eye.
The 3rd Eye Photojournalism Center current main areas of focus are:
- Teach and instruct professional Digital Photography
- Produce news and art photos
- Photography, Photojournalism & multimedia Trainings
- Photo Exhibitions
- Print and design photography books, posters and card postal
- Make documentary
3rd Eye Photojournalism Center is honored and well repute for its exhibitions, training workshops and projects. A more detailed portfolio of the 3rd Eye Photojournalism Center accomplishments is as following:
- 2007-The first photography exhibition of French Culture Center. Meanwhile, 3rd Eye Photojournalism Center began to work.
- 2007-Photo exhibition on social life and human rights.
- 2007- Photo exhibition on human rights in Kabul, Heart, Mazar- Sharif, Nangarhar and Bamiyan funded by AIHRC.
- 2008-Photo Exhibitions on women human rights as for stop of violence against women in Kabul & Heart.
- 2008-Photo Exhibition on women human rights with the presence of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in international human rights day.
- 2008-Training and photo exhibition of Afghan civil society associated with international photographers.
- 2009-Photo exhibition of Afghan women manipulation in election in the Kabul National Gallery.
- 2009-Photo exhibition on Children's Day in Kabul and Jalalabad.
- 2009-Photo exhibition on the Women's' Day in Women's National Park.
- 2009- Photography Workshop in Marifat High school followed with an exhibition in the U.S., Philadelphia and Afghanistan.
- 2009-Photo exhibition in South Korea with Afghan and foreign photographers.
- 2010-Photo exhibition in the U.S. Embassy-Kabul.
- 2010- Multimedia training in Kabul, Kapisa, Mazar – Sharif, Heart, Bamiyan, and Jalalabad supported by the USAID, INTERNEWS and NAI.
- 2010- Abstract Photography Exhibition in Afghan Culture House.
- 2010-Photography training in Bamiyan for students from Day Koundi, Ghor, Maidan Wardak, Samangan, Bamyian & Ghazni funded by the Prince Clause Foundation, Amsterdam and at its conclusion held a first of its kind exhibition at the Café over the Salsal Buddha’s promoting restoration efforts of Bamiyan's historical sculptures.
- Hold a 3-month photography course in 3rd Eye Center paid by participants.
Najibullah Musafer is working as director of 3rd Eye Photojournalism Center. Reza Yemak is working as editor in chief of 3rd Eye & acting as supervisor for the projectsrd. Basir Seerat is a External Advisor. Reza Sahel working as team member of the photographers but he is working as Finance Officer & photo Editor too.